EAST CAROLINA (9-10, 2-4) at WICHITA STATE (8-10, 0-5) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
    2. People forget he also had Kevin Obanor at ORU. He transferred to TX Tech the year before Mills left.
    Yup. Mills basically got the job because he had the Sweet 16 on his record. In those two games:

vs OSU
    Obanor and Abmas: 59 pts
    Rest of the team: 16 pts

VS Florida
    Obanor and Abmas: 54 pts
    Rest of the team 27 pts

He basically rode two hot shooting games from two players into a 5 year contract for coaching WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I sometimes wonder whether people actually watch the games when they say stuff like this
      I understand you aren't capable of seeing it, but Taylor does a decent job breaking down offensive sets. He also does a good job showing how bad we are executing them.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

I understand you aren't capable of seeing it, but Taylor does a decent job breaking down offensive sets. He also does a good job showing how bad we are executing them.
        lol... "aren't capable of seeing it" is cute coming from someone that says we are actually running an offense right now.

Comment

lol... "aren't capable of seeing it" is cute coming from someone that says we are actually running an offense right now.
          In the last six months I've learned that you can't understand any sort of nuance. Running an offense is not exclusive with not being able to execute the offense. The issue isn't that we aren't running sets. The issue is that we can't execute the sets 99% of the time.

Comment

In the last six months I've learned that you can't understand any sort of nuance. Running an offense is not exclusive with not being able to execute the offense. The issue isn't that we aren't running sets. The issue is that we can't execute the sets 99% of the time.
            So in the last 6 months .. you haven't noticed that I've actually been right WAY more than i've been wrong? You are really digging in and saying this is 99% the players fault and poor ole Coach Mills is doing all he can? Really? After all these games with every piece of evidence showing we are actively getting worse? That's not a player thing .. that's a coaching thing.

Comment

• "I have no ****ing idea what I am doing."

Comment

So in the last 6 months .. you haven't noticed that I've actually been right WAY more than i've been wrong? You are really digging in and saying this is 99% the players fault and poor ole Coach Mills is doing all he can? Really? After all these games with every piece of evidence showing we are actively getting worse? That's not a player thing .. that's a coaching thing.
                I think we're getting worse because we don't have the players to get better. We have two players, in my mind, capable of playing at this level with starter minutes, and even then I'm not really that confident in that statement. Does that mean there aren't coaching issues? Of course not. We don't have the roster to compete. You've acknowledged that, but you have to stick to the narrative and act like a coach is able to coach a broken team to success.

I'll give you that recruiting is on the coaches, and I've also said that multiple times. XB isn't going to magically start passing the ball out next week. BC isn't going to stop dribbling into double teams and throwing insane passes. CR isn't going to start playing defense. Coaches can yell about all of those things, but the players are who they are at this point, and most wouldn't get minutes at any other team in this conference.

Comment

• Stick,
                  Are you and Fever related?
                  The similarities in your posts is revealing.

To run an efficient collegiate offense, a reliable PG is required.
                  Right now, HCPM has 2 buffoons and nothing else.
                  I see much better PG's on nightly basis and yes, that even includes the JuCo level.

Give HCPM and staff time to recruit and get a legit PG in house to run his offensive sets.
                  Until then, your stupid ass comments need to cease and desist.

That is all.
                  Above all, make the right call.

Comment

I think we're getting worse because we don't have the players to get better. We have two players, in my mind, capable of playing at this level with starter minutes, and even then I'm not really that confident in that statement. Does that mean there aren't coaching issues? Of course not. We don't have the roster to compete. You've acknowledged that, but you have to stick to the narrative and act like a coach is able to coach a broken team to success.

I'll give you that recruiting is on the coaches, and I've also said that multiple times. XB isn't going to magically start passing the ball out next week. BC isn't going to stop dribbling into double teams and throwing insane passes. CR isn't going to start playing defense. Coaches can yell about all of those things, but the players are who they are at this point, and most wouldn't get minutes at any other team in this conference.
                    So yet again, your take is .. that its on the players that they have actively gotten worse throughout the year. What exactly do we pay the coach to do then? I agree we don't have the players to be good. But nearly every metrics say we are getting worse.

A good coach might not be able to coach a broken team to "success" .. as in, no coach is going to make this team win the AAC, but a good coach WILL make the team get better. Not worse.

Its insane to act like the coaches have no accountability here and that it's all on the players.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                      Stick,
                      Are you and Fever related?
                      The similarities in your posts is revealing.

To run an efficient collegiate offense, a reliable PG is required.
                      Right now, HCPM has 2 buffoons and nothing else.
                      I see much better PG's on nightly basis and yes, that even includes the JuCo level.

Give HCPM and staff time to recruit and get a legit PG in house to run his offensive sets.
                      Until then, your stupid ass comments need to cease and desist.

That is all.
                      No. Thanks for your input. I will not cease and desist my "stupid ass" correct comments. You can keep your head in the sand comments to yourself though.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                        We don't have enough room in the rafters for all the jerseys we will hang from this team.....lol
                        I don't think they allow hanging the jerseys with the players still wearing them.

Comment

• Let's get to the more important observations. Did anyone else notice Ms. Leatherpants last night? Well, she turned into Ms. Leatherboots and was sporting a "1" black Shockers jersey and short black skirt...
                          Yipes Stripes Beechnut Gum!

P.S. She definitely provides quality visuals; however, I still left the arena feeling lower than a snake's belly in a wagon rut.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...284667836.html

"I have no ****ing idea what I am doing."
                            “There were times tonight where I felt like we set basketball back about 50 years,” Mills said after Wednesday’s loss to ECU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                              Shocker faithful mad about attendance
                              After this game they are going to be getting even madder.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 25, 2024, 10:26 AM.

Comment

So yet again, your take is .. that its on the players that they have actively gotten worse throughout the year. What exactly do we pay the coach to do then? I agree we don't have the players to be good. But nearly every metrics say we are getting worse.

A good coach might not be able to coach a broken team to "success" .. as in, no coach is going to make this team win the AAC, but a good coach WILL make the team get better. Not worse.

Its insane to act like the coaches have no accountability here and that it's all on the players.
                                Tell me what a coach can do to make this team better.

We don't have a point guard, so running offense is going to be difficult no matter what. We don't have shooters, which makes running offense even more difficult. We don't have players with the IQ to pass the ball once they drive, so once again, offense is going to be near impossible. Even if they did pass out, they pass to someone with a 20% 3P, who can't drive because the paint is clogged already.

PM has mentioned the consequences for turning over the ball when they get back to practice. He's explained his process of forcing the players to explain why the turnovers happened. You can't fix stupid, and we have a lot of stupid on the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X